A collection of links and documents to support you through the mediation process.
Here are links to some useful forms and websites
bbl documents, and court forms
- This government website www.gov.uk/divorce has procedural guides for dealing with divorce, children cases and financial claims. It also has links to forms, and is one of the most helpful and practical sites around.
- The Norfolk Community Advice Network has a searchable directory of resources here.
- Details of courts fees payable in divorce or children proceedings can be found here. You can also find details of whether you are exempt from paying court fees, if you are on a low income.
- The solicitors at bbl family law have links with Norfolk Community Law Service, and we are on their rota of solicitors offering free legal advice on family law issues. The drop in sessions are held on Tuesdays. Details can be found on the NCLS website.
- Resolution is the organisation which represents family law professionals. There are guides on their website about finances, the court process, parenting, and alternatives to court.
- My Break Up – A group of professionals working together to support you through your marriage or relationship break up.
- The Good Divorce Group is an organisation of Norfolk professionals who promote a sensible approach to family law issues.
- Cafcass is the organisation which helps the court resolve disputes about children. There is information about the court process, and how to try and avoid court, on their website.
- Gingerbread – this organisation supports single parent families.
- Child Maintenance Options – this explains how you and your former partner can resolve maintenance for the children, including whether you need to apply to court or the CSA.
- Cafcass have launched a co-parenting hub
- This website from the Family Justice Council has guidance on how to sort out financial matters following a divorce.
- For advice on welfare benefits, try the turn2us website.
- This guide was prepared for the courts, to help judges make decisions about pensions.
- Our mediators are members of the Family Mediation Council and there is plenty of information about the process on their website.
- There’s an independent and in depth guide to mediation on the Advice Now website.
- Julie de Ruiter – divorce and separation therapist – 07946 749485
- Ursula Harben – Systemic therapist – family, children, divorce and separation – 07788 404554