Pursuant to the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation
We hold your personal data for the provision of legal and mediation services. We also hold your data for related purposes such as updating and enhancing client records, analysis to help us manage our practice, statutory returns and legal and regulatory compliance. We ensure at all times your personal data is held in a secure manner.
For family law and mediation purposes we need to hold a wide range of personal information including (but not limited to) contact information, personal information (sometimes including racial or ethnic origin), detailed financial information (incomes, pensions, capital, and debts), details of your children and health information (sometimes including data concerning sexual orientation). We may also ask for and hold documents and records of the above.
It may be necessary to hold personal data relating to your child/children. You are required to consent to us holding their personal data.
If you instruct us to work for you by implication and by signing the clause below you consent to us holding and processing the data you choose to share with us. Our use of that information is subject to your instructions, the GDPR, and our duty of confidentiality. Please note that we may need to give information to third parties such as expert witnesses, barristers and other professional advisers if appropriate.
You have the following rights in relation to your data:
- The right of confirmation that your data is being processed;
- The right of access to your personal data;
- The right for your data we hold to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to request that your data is deleted or removed where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing;
- The right to restrict the processing of personal data;
- The right to port your data for the purpose of obtaining or reusing data for your own purposes across different services;
- The right to object to the processing based on legitimate interests or direct marketing.
All requests should be made in writing for the attention of Data Controller, Peter Baughan at the above address. All requests shall be responded to within 28 days.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office if there is a problem with the way we handle or process your data.